Drummond Golf Underwood are proud and excited to be a part of a new initiative from Adidas in the form of a golf apparel recycling program.

Sustainability is an integral part of the Adidas business philosophy and for the first time more than 60 per cent of all products sold by Adidas will be made with sustainable materials.

In keeping with this philosophy Adidas wants to lead the efforts to find a solution to reuse and recycle apparel in Australia. Adidas are partnering up with Drummond Golf, Save Our Soles and Save the Children to pilot an apparel recycling program that elevates social and environmental impacts from end-of-life golf apparel.

Here’s how it works… consumers drop off their prelove golf apparel (any brand will be accepted) to Drummond Golf Underwood and place them in the specially marked recycling bin.

The clothing will be given to Save the Children charity who will sort through what is reusable. Product that is reusable will be sold through their charity stores.

The remaining product will be sent to Save our Souls to commence the upcycling and recycling process which is done in Australia. Save or Souls break down the product into their natural state and then on-sell the materials to produce new apparel.

In Australia, more than 501 million kilos of unwanted textiles end up in Australian landfills per year. According to experts, only 12 per cent of textiles around the globe are collected and recycled. The other 88 per cent end up in landfill sites or incineration plants.

The environmental impact is significant, unlike organic waste, apparel components take up to 1000 years to decompose.

We are looking forward to being part of this initiative. Consumers can drop off their preloved golf apparel to Drummond Golf Underwood. The Zone, 1 -17 Compton Road Underwood.

Previous articleChanging Lanes and Merging in Queensland
Next articleBeenleigh Cane Festival is Back