An array of free library resources to suit all ages is now available through Logan City Council Libraries.
From the comfort and safety of home, people can explore many free resources through Council’s vast eLibrary which is available 24/7.
These resources include online books, games and magazines which are perfect for all age groups and interests. TV, movie and music services are also streamed.
Council is encouraging the community to take advantage of all the eLibrary services available through their libraries’ membership.
To access the resources you can log-in with your membership number and PIN via loganlibraries.org/elibrary
If you’re not a library member, you can join online for full access to the eLibrary at loganlibraries.org/join
The online resources will especially help parents while children are at home.
Content from the popular early literacy program First 5 Forever will be made available via Council’s YouTube Channel from today (Thursday, April 16).
Each week, a new story time session will be released.
Maths challenges, coding and video story times will also help keep children of all ages busy and learning in fun ways.
Materials available include:
• Story Box Library – Video story times read by a range of storytellers.
• Borrowbox – Titles in eBook and eAudio formats from some of the world’s best authors.
• Overdrive – A range of eBook and eAudio titles along with handy lists and suggestions.
• RBdigital Magazines – Digital versions of more than 300 magazines, including popular titles. Current issues and back issues available. There is no loan limit and the digital magazines are yours to keep.
• Newsbank – Contains full-text articles from thousands of Australian and international newspapers. This is updated daily and there are also back issues spanning decades.
• Busythings – Features more than 150 literacy, numeracy, creative development and general knowledge activities for children aged three to 11.
• Studiosity – Students from Years 3 to 12 and adult learners can access free real-time online study help with expert tutors.