Queensland Fire and Emergency Services have issued an advice warning for residents in Flagstone (near Jimboomba) due to a bush fire.
The warning area are properties between the Undullah Nature Reserve and the Railway Line, including Flagstone Drive.
A slow-moving fire is burning in the vicinity of Trailblazer Drive, Saunders Drive and Highgate Drive, Flagstone. It is travelling towards Saunders Drive and Highgate Drive.
Conditions could get worse quickly. Firefighters are working to contain the fire. You should not expect a firefighter at your door.
Firefighting aircraft are helping ground crews. Major roads or highways may be impacted, including access to the Undullah Nature Reserve and surrounding trails.
If your life is in danger, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.
PREPARE TO LEAVE – Flagstone (near Jimboomba)
Warning level: WATCH AND ACT
What you should do:
– If you have a bushfire survival plan, follow it now.
– Prepare now so you can leave quickly if the bushfire gets close:
– Decide where you and the people you live with will go. This could be with family or a friend away from the fire. Plan how you will get there. Tell others where you will go.
– Charge mobile phones and power banks.
– Be ready to take your pets, pet food, pet lead or crate/carrier.
– Pack a bag with a mobile phone charger, enough clothes for five days, important documents (like ID, insurance papers, passports and photos), medicine, cash and keys.
– If you do not drive, call your support service, a family member or a friend to organise transport if you need to leave or want to leave.
– If you find it hard to move quickly, leaving now is your safest option.
– Avoid driving on Rice Road, Undullah.
– Keep medications close by.
– Move flammable items away from your house if you can.
– Help others if it’s safe to do so.
– Watch out for firefighters working in the area.
– Do not fly drones around the fire. Drones affect air operations.
– Stay informed:
– Keep checking the QFES Current Bushfires and Warnings website.
– Listen to your local radio station.
– The fire is likely to impact the community later today.
– Smoke can make it hard for some people to breathe.
– Smoke can make it hard to see when you are driving.
– Roads may be closed or impacted.
– Power, water, and mobile phone services may be impacted as the fire gets closer.