Edens Landing State School will remain open today despite a positive COVID-19 case having visited the after school hours care.
Parents were told an infected person had visited the YMCA Outside School Hours Care service operating at the school on August 27.
Queensland Health has deemed the risk to the school as low, according to principal Clint Curren who issued a letter to parents and the wider school community.
“The Metro South Public Health Unit has assessed the risks to the school community and advised the Department of Education there is negligible risk to members of the school community and it is safe for students and staff to attend the school,” the letter read.
The OSHCare service will remain closed on Tuesday for deep cleaning.
One new case was confirmed in Queensland on Monday, bringing the total number of cases related to the Brisbane Corrective Services Academy cluster to 24.
As a result, Queensland Health expanded its list of venues where confirmed coronavirus cases have visited.
Nine new locations across Loganholme, Waterford West, Beenleigh and Eagleby have been added to the list, all of which were visited on either August 26 or 27.
Anyone who has been to the following venues at the specified times should monitor their health for any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, and get tested and isolate if they arise:
- Madhouse Discount Variety, Waterford Plaza, Waterford West: 1:50pm to 2:15pm on August 26
- Hyperdome Shopping Centre, Loganholme: 3:15pm to 5:45pm on August 26
- Best & Less, Hyperdome Shopping Centre, Loganholme: 3:15pm to 4:05pm on August 26
- Kmart, Hyperdome Shopping Centre, Loganholme: 4:05pm to 4:30pm on August 26
- The Reject Shop, Hyperdome Shopping Centre, Loganholme: 4:35pm to 4:55pm on August 26
- Footlocker, Hyperdome Shopping Centre, Loganholme: 5pm to 5:30pm on August 26
- Platypus Shoes, Hyperdome Shopping Centre, Loganholme: 5pm to 5:30pm on August 26
- Pizza Hut, Beenleigh: 4:30pm to 4:35pm on August 27
- TSG Tobacconist, Eagleby: 4:50pm to 5pm on August 27