Holmview Central Shopping Centre at the peak of Logan River Road has released their public notice of their plans to expand the centres footprint.
In a statement released on the shopping centres Facebook page, the Lancini Property Group have moved into the public notification stage of the application following on from a Request For Information received by Logan City Council and the State Government.
“It is important that the community’s view and support for the expansion of Holmview Central, is included in the assessment process,” the statement read.
“We believe (and assessments show) the expansion is a necessity for our rapidly growing community.
“If you’re in support of the expansion please head to the Logan City Council website to complete a submission ensuring that positive support for the expansion is heard by Council.”
The statement also listed a glance of things to come if the development application goes ahead.
The expansion will include:
– A new family friendly hotel, including multiple children’s play areas, indoor and alfresco dining, a microbrewery, sports bar, and a large outdoor piazza.
– A second full-line supermarket with drive thru ‘Click & Collect’ facilities.
– New specialty retailers.
– Two drive-thru food outlets.
– A Tyre & Auto operator.
– 475 additional car parks.
– A new signalised intersection (entry and exit) on Logan River Road.
– And, a brand-new rear ring road, located behind the new and existing Centre, that links Logan River Road and Gardiner Road.
The new development would increase job opportunities in the area however is the centre missing what the community really wants and needs?
Application Number: COM/98/2022
Complete Submission Here