Children of all ages can step into the world of imagination when the ‘ImagiNation’ Children’s Festival returns to the City of Logan on Saturday, April 15.
The free festival is at the Kingston Butter Factory Cultural Precinct from 9am to 3pm. It will feature six different ‘activity worlds’ to explore for children aged up to 12.
Characters from the popular television program CoComelon headline the entertainment world.
Children can get up close with their favourite CoComelon characters at a meet and greet or take part in the CoComelon-themed activity zone featuring a mini golf course and bowling.
The action-packed program also includes an interactive Wild Rangers’ reptile show, a drum beats workshop, tomato planting, an eSports zone, a climbing wall and slime making.
City Lifestyle Chair Cr Laurie Koranski said the festival is ideal for families in Logan.
“It’s always a wonderful day-out with plenty of free activities on offer for children of all ages,” Cr Koranski said.
Division 2 Cr Teresa Lane said will be the first time ImagiNation has been held at the Kingston Butter Factory Cultural Precinct.
“We look forward to welcoming families from across our city for a fantastic day of imagination, adventure and activity,” Cr Lane said.
The full program is available on the Our Logan website.
Highlights from the program include:
- CoComelon (Entertainment World): Join JJ and his family in a unique and interactive live musical adventure as they embark on a toe tapping, fun-filled, surprise journey.
- Wild Rangers reptile show and interactive encounter (Entertainment World): Enjoy a fun and informative animal stage show with interesting facts about a variety of lizards, snakes, crocodile, birds, possums, and invertebrates.
- Tui n Friends (Cultural World): Join Tui ‘n’ Friends for a fun and interactive session with a Pasifika twist. There will be plenty of music and dancing for the whole Ohana (family).
- eSports (Digital World): Test your digital skills with family friends games such as Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart, Just Dance and Minecraft.
- Little Green Thumbs (Nature World): Get busy in the garden and learn all about the wonders of nature through a hands-on planting experience.
- Hot Wheels Display and Activities (Action World): Take a photo with the giant hot wheels car and learn all about car stunts from a professional stunt driver.
- Slime Making (Creative World): Join the mad scientist for a one-hour workshop and learn how to create a whole range of gooey and gloopy substances that will have budding scientists of all ages squealing with horrific delight.