Logan City Council pools and gyms will re-open this Saturday, June 13, following the approval of COVID Industry Action Plans for each facility.
There will be strict new measures in place to comply with COVID-19 rules as part of the State Government’s Stage Two easing of restrictions.
Limited class numbers and social distancing will apply.
Bookings will be required and contact details must be provided on entering the facility.
City Lifestyle Committee Chairperson, Councillor Laurie Koranski said while many would be excited about the gyms and pools reopening, patience and understanding will be needed.
“We’ve had to put some extra measures in place to ensure the health and safety of the public and staff in our gyms and pools,” Cr Koranski said.
“Things will be a little different so please be patient with staff who are there to make sure we all stay fit and healthy and please follow their directions.”
Changes at pools and gyms include:
- Bookings must be made one day in advance for gym use
- Contact details will be recorded upon entering facilities
- Restrictions on the number of patrons using facilities at one time
- No walk-ins can be accepted for gyms
- Change rooms and showers will remain closed until further notice (both gyms and pools)
- Social distancing will be strictly enforced
Pools that will reopen to the public are:
- Beenleigh Aquatic Centre
- Logan North Aquatic Centre
- Gould Adams Park Aquatic Centre (not Council-managed)
- Logan West Aquatic Centre (not Council-managed).
Gyms that will reopen to the public are:
- Logan Metro Sports & Events Centre
- Logan North Fitness Centre
- Mt Warren Sports Centre
- Cornubia Park Sports Centre (not Council-managed).
The following pools remain closed for winter:
- Bethania Aquatic Centre
- Eagleby Aquatic Centre.
Aqualogan Laurie Lawrence swimming lessons will recommence on Monday, June 22.
Venues including the Logan Entertainment Centre, Beenleigh Events Centre and other community venues are now accepting bookings for groups of up to 20 people for meetings.
Public performances will not recommence until later in the year.